Thursday, June 21, 2012

Plaid Shirt Refashion


I have had this plaid shirt for easily 6 years. I tend to wear the same clothes for years. I'm pretty frugal in that sense I suppose. Well I decided it was time to change this shirt up. The arms have always been a tad snug and now that I'm working out my arms are getting pretty beefy (haha kidding). I love the cut off sleeve look that's coming back in style so I decided to give it a whirl. I must say I'm really pleased with the results. You can either tie it up in the front like I did or simply wear it down. It looks cute either way.

All you need for this is a seam ripper, pins, and matching thread.


Step 1: With your shirt right side out, tug on the sleeve so you can see the seams. Begin ripping the seams to remove the sleeve.


Step 2: Once you have completely removed both sleeves turn the shirt inside out and fold over the edges about a quarter of an inch to a half inch and pin.

Step 3: Now sew all the way around and be sure to back stitch once you reach your starting point.



Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I am really going to have to try this with some of my old shirts like this. Like you I am frugal when it comes to buying new clothes!!

    ReplyDelete