Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Skinny Capri Tutorial


I've been dieing for a pair of skinny capri's for quite sometime now. My hubby and I are in the process of buying a home so that means no more clothes shopping for me (sob). Nah a house is way more exciting then new clothes. But lucky for me my mom gave me a bunch of old clothes awhile ago for my refashion purposes so I'm set now. This refashion is pretty darn easy so lets get started!


Step 1:Turn your pants inside out and put them on. Begin pinching the fabric, starting at the crotch and mark it with a fabric pen (I just used a crayola colored pencil since I lack that tool). You want to mark it where it is not completely flush against the skin. That way you have some room to alter if it is a little large.
Step 2: Continue this pinching down your legs (you will do both sides of your leg). Make sure your leg is centered that way you won't have any bunching.


Step 3: Now the fun begins. When sewing make sure you start from the crotch working your way down the leg. I started with the inner leg, so I would suggest doing the same.
Step 4: Turn them right side out and try those snazzy new pants on!


Good luck & happy sewing :)

2 comments:

  1. So dang cute! I had no idea it could be that easy. Can't wait to see what u craft next!
    Ur lucky sis-n-law,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. Ur so talented and amazing. I cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete