Sunday, July 29, 2012

Door Knob Rack


I am so ready to hang this up but since we are moving in a few weeks, it doesn't make much sense to put another hole in the wall. Soon enough this will be getting used though. Lucky for me, I snagged the knobs at hobby lobby for 50% off. If your interested in doing this I would check out hobby lobby's selection. It is insane the variety they have there. I wouldn't suggest hanging anything too heavy. I plan on using mine for purses or maybe jewelry.

Supplies:
Piece of wood. Mine was $6.99.
Knobs
Spray paint
Drill


Step 1: Begin by marking out where you want to drill the holes. My husband is much better at this then me so I enlisted his services.


Step 2: Drill holes into the areas you selected. This was yet another job for Trey.


Step 3: Lie the wood on newspaper and begin spray painting. Make sure you do several coats and let it dry completely.

Step 4: Take your lovely knobs and screw them into the wood. Note: You will need a saw to trim the ends of the screws down.


There you have it! A fun and easy way to spruce up your walls. Next time I'm going to check out my local flea market for any old knobs they might have.


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment