Thursday, August 30, 2012

All moved in!

The past 2 weeks have been non stop. Between packing up the apartment, working on the house, work, school, and cleaning both places I am officially beat! Not to say that I am not amazingly happy with all the work we have accomplished, but I am ready for a major break. My hubby and I decided that we are going to take it easy this weekend. As of Friday we turn in the apartment keys and say our farewells to our first home together. Did I mention I am sitting of the floor of the mostly empty apartment? Well we don't have internet out at the house yet (and may not be able to get service out there). Strongly hoping that is not the case. Either way I know I have a few lovely family members who would gladly let me hog their computers for a few minutes to write a blog post ;) Now lets get down to some updates!


 Believe it or not but the brown shelves took like 20 coats of paint to cover them. I'm pretty sure everyone who was helping this past weekend put at least a coat on it. Time for the after shot....


I am in love...We are planning on putting the TV in those two empty bookshelves on the left. I think it's going to look awesome!


The kitchen is no longer that scary yellow. We still need to paint over the cabinet doors and put those back up, but I'm in no major rush for that at the moment.


This was the living room after its first coat of eggshell cream. It's hard to tell from the photo but the color is a creamy white with a hint of yellow. Very warm and pretty.


The most exciting news of the week is our new windows!!!!! Goodbye scary 60's windows. Aren't they beautiful? I keep walking around the house and admiring them. Makes the house look much younger.

Once the house is all unpacked I will put up the finishing photos.

Oh and be sure to check back this weekend for a brand new tutorial! It won't be anything major since my craft room is in shambles but I have been having withdrawals.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment