Monday, August 13, 2012

The fun continues

Well between me, my husband, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, my mom, and two of my sisters we are slowly giving this house the TLC it deserves. We put in roughly 22 hours of work this weekend. But boy is it starting to look amazing.


This was the area that had the old school wooden bars going across. Trey ripped (literally) those out and we will be sheet rocking around it. Eventually we will get a nice marble ledge to go there.


After hours and hours spent on the walls, Tiffany and Chad got the majority of the paint peeled off the walls. Trey will be plastering the entire kitchen this week so it will be ready to be painted soon. It will look amazing once it's done. We also took the cabinet doors off and the knobs. Those will be sanded and repainted white. YAY! I love green but this was a little too much for my taste hah.


Our office area was originally lined with these textured walls. Trey plastered all those and they are now smooth and pretty.


One of the biggest eye sores of the house was the wood paneled entry way. It was dark and very claustrophobic, plus who wants wood paneled walls anyways? Trey and Tiffany went to town on ripping all of that out. He then sheet rocked the walls in there and let me tell you it looks AMAZING already. If you haven't noticed I have quite possibly the handiest husband ever. There really isn't anything he can't do.


Here is the entry way after he put up the sheet rock. It is so bright and cheery in there now. Man I love my husband.


We found out that at night we have a family of like 20 geckos that climb on the windows and eat the bugs outside. They are too cute! The nephews and niece are going to love it when they see those.

I am so thankful to have my family helping out so much. They are amazing! Big shout-out to my sister-in-law Tiffany. You are awesome!!!!

Check back soon for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment