Sunday, August 5, 2012

Top Shop Inspired Refashion






For the past week I have been busy packing. Our closing date is on Wednesday (fingers crossed) so I have been frantically trying to get everything done. Hence the lack of blog posts lately. I came across this shirt shoved in the back of a drawer and did a happy dance because it has a peter pan collar! Unfortunately the sleeves were a little tight and instantly went to work on google to figure out something to do with it. I found that gorgeous white sleeveless Top Shop shirt and knew thats where I wanted to go with it. Another really easy refashion which is always nice. As you can see I'm missing a button but I know it's stashed with all my spare buttons in a box somewhere. Thank goodness for safety pins.



Supplies:
Shirt of your choice
Seam ripper
Ribbon



Step 1: Tug on the sleeve and begin ripping out the seams with your seam ripper. 


Step 2: Fold over the sleeves a 1/2 inch to an inch and pin. Sew along the sleeves.


Step 3: Take your ribbon and line it at an angle just below the button hole. Do the same on the other side just below the button.

And there you have it!

Today we went out to the house and picked out paint colors! I can't believe we are getting so close. Expect lots of pictures from the renovation process. 

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment