Sunday, September 16, 2012

Beaded bracelet


Yesterday was a great day for a hobby lobby excursion. Everything I needed was 50% off. Don't you just love when that happens? Well I wasn't initially planning on getting beads but I couldn't resist the bargain. See I am not much of a jewelry maker mainly for two reasons: A. I have horribly unsteady hands, and B. I am allergic to any type of earrings except for gold or white gold. I used to be able to wear all the super cute cheap earrings up until I turned 18 and then that all went down hill. So since then I have kind of given up on wearing any jewelry. I think it's high time I changed that. I have clip on earring bases left so I plan on making some of those for myself and bracelets and necklaces, etc. This won't be much of a tutorial since I didn't make anything too complicated for my first go round but it is a great way of showing you guys what cute jewelry you can make for yourself for cheap (we are talking $8 cheap).


Supplies:
Beads
Stretchy string
A thin needle

Step 1: Start by cutting off a piece of string. At first I made the mistake of cutting the piece just slightly larger then my wrist but found it difficult to tie at the end. Cut a generous piece off that way you can snip the ends when your done and tying it will be much easier.


Step 2: Thread your string through the eye of a small needle. Make sure the needle will fit through your bead. I used this for my metal beads since doing it by hand was not working. If you are only using the regular beads then you can skip this step. 

Step 3: For my bracelet I put the metal bead on first then the rest of the beads around it.

Step 4: When you are happy with the placement simply tie 4 or 5 basic knots and snip the ends. 






I wore these all day today! I forgot how lovely wearing jewelry can be. Look out for earrings next ;)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment