Saturday, September 15, 2012

Clip-on bow ties for shoes


I have returned!!! Can you believe it has been over a month since my last tutorial? That's pretty depressing. Well the madness has finally come to a stand still and I can breathe again. Yayyy! The house isn't completely unpacked yet but I'm not too worried about that. I have had so many tutorials in mind over the past few weeks and this one has been at the top of my to-do list. It was easy to do and very inexpensive. Instead of buying a new pair of heels or flats with bows you can simply make your own.


Supplies:
Ribbon (I used 7/8" thickness)
Earring clasps
Hot glue gun

Step 1: Cut a piece of your ribbon at about 18". I found this to be a good length to work with. It gives you room to trim the ends off.


Step 2: Now it is time to make your bow. This website here has a great step by step on how to do so. Trim the bow ends to a desired length.


Step 3: Hot glue your claps to the center of the bow. Be sure the the clasp opens up towards you when gluing it on.


Step 4: Repeat the following steps and make your next bow.


Clip the bows on to your shoes and that's all there is to it. Easy huh?

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment