Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Magnetic play board


Growing up I always loved magnetic storyboards. Something about getting to act out the story was so much more fun for me. While I was making mine I looked into what the average price is and it's pretty outrageous. Making one yourself costs under $5! Much better than $30+. Another great thing about the magnetic play boards is that they are great for car trips. Just place the background onto a cookie sheet or other type of cooking pan, hold it down with magnets, and shazam! I used sticker scenes that I found at the dollar tree. You can easily use an old children's book and cut out pieces from that or just attach stickers you have lying around onto card-stock.

Supplies:
Sticker scenes
Card-stock or other type of heavy paper
Scissors
Roll of magnetic tape


 Step 1: Start by attaching the sticker to card-stock.

.

 Step 2: Cut around the sticker as carefully as possible. Tinkerbell almost lost a wing at one point.


Step 3: Cut a small piece off of your magnetic tape and adhere to the back of the sticker.


Now your child can start decorating the scene!





 I didn't forget about the boys...








You can either put these on the fridge or use a cookie sheet like I did.
Let the fun begin!

Happy Crafting.

2 comments:

  1. This will be a hit at the YMCA after school site I run. My kidos will love this. Got to make some!
    Thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that! I know my nephew and niece had a blast with theirs. I look forward to making more in the future once my little one is big enough.

      Delete