Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Knotted knit style headband


That adorable blonde holding my handsome kitty is my little sister Sophie. Isn't she the cutest? Oliver saw that pictures were being taken and decided to join in. He is always making cameos when it comes to my blog. With winter on it's way (well at least the few weeks we get here in Florida), I decided to get into the spirit. I actually started working on a sweater refashion and the headband is from a leftover scrap of it. I had to put the sweater on hold once I saw the potential. The sweater I used was a large men's sweater which had a waistband at the bottom. The length turned our perfect for this headband so I would recommend using the same size. Did I mention it was  a NO SEW headband? I always love hearing those two words.




Supplies:
Large knit sweater with waistband
Scissors
Seam ripper

Step 1: Cut off the bottom of the waistband. I always cut a small hole above the waistband and work my way around the bottom instead of just cutting it as one large strip. Try and cut as close the waistband as possible without cutting into it.

Step 2: On one of the sides with the seams rip out the seams. You should now have one long piece of fabric.

Step 3: Now all you need to do is wrap it around your head, tie a knot in the front, and tuck in the ends on the side. If you prefer to not have long ends you can always trim it a bit.

Ta-da! The perfect accessory for your winter wardrobe & in no time at all.





Yay for my first model! She was such a trooper...

Happy no-sewing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment