Thursday, January 3, 2013

Love hearts shadowbox frame


I had a completely different idea for this frame when I began. I initially was going to paint the inside a solid color and cut out little butterflies from patterned paper. As you can see I strayed pretty far. I found the pretty red and white background in my paper box and decided to get a jump start on a valentines craft. Granted this will probably remain hung up in my craft room well past that day. Glittery hearts never get old. Oh did I mention I got to use my snazzy new Cricut for this project!?! Best Christmas present ever! Thanks pops ;)






Supplies:
Cardstock
Mod podge
Heart shaped paper punch, cricut, or just freehand it.
Glitter
Sponge brush
Shadowbox frame
Backdrop paper
Newspaper to contain the glitter
*I used red acrylic paint to paint my frame


Step 1: If you are going to paint your frame do so first and let dry for 24 hrs before continuing.

Step 2: Place your backdrop paper inside and glue in place.


Step 3: Cut out your heart shape and apply a generous layer of mod podge. Now sprinkle your glitter onto the heart. Let sit for about 10 minutes then shake off the excess.


Step 4: Put a small amount of mod podge onto the back of the hearts and position them to your liking.


Now just hang it on your wall and feel the love!

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment