Thursday, February 14, 2013

Monocled heart necklace


I have slowly realized I am notorious for these last minute spurts of holiday inspiration. I was doodling on a piece of paper the other day and thought "Hey, what a cute clay necklace this would make!" Be assured that this will become a major staple in my wardrobe. Nothing says sophistication like a heart with a mustache, top hat, and monocle. 

On a side note, I received a Bamboo Create tablet for my birthday last month. I decided to give it a whirl on this post and I'm very pleased with the results. Now bare in mind my penmanship is terrible!!! My print especially. I was always envious of those girls with the pretty, bubbly handwriting. Oh well, never too late to start practicing again. I hope you like this new direction I'll be taking with my posts. 




Supplies:





Step 1: Take your wire cutters and cut the hook pin in half. Depending on the size of your heart you may need to cut it shorter. Basically you do not want the other end to poke out of the bottom.




Step 2: Form your heart from polymer clay then insert the hook pin into the heart. Bake it for the recommended time your brand suggests. Let cool for 10 minutes before continuing.



Be sure to add a jump ring to the other end of the chain also. 





I planned on writing on all the tutorial photos but I ran out of time before work. It's going down next time though ;)

Happy valentines day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment