Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring flower heart canvas art


The walls in my craft room have been screaming for some artwork. Well to be honest the entire house has. We have lived in our house now for 6 months and still haven't gotten around to hanging up our photos and artwork. As I've mentioned before I would totally do it but everything would be angled and possibly upside down, so it's best for everyone that I keep nagging my hubby to do it. I did take the reigns on this one and used the old thumbtack in the wall method. Works like a charm.

I've had these fake flowers for close to a year now and have done absolutely nothing with them. I've been wanting to add some color to my craft room and thought this would be a simple & cute use for them. I contemplated doing a light wash on the canvas with watercolors but I decided to keep it white and fresh looking. 



Don't forget scissors and your canvas. I used an 8x10 canvas from Hobby Lobby.


Step 1: If your like me and your flowers managed to get bent at some point, this is where the hair straightener will come into play. I used an old one which I no longer use on my hair. Take the straightener and flatten out your petals.

Step 2: Use the scissors to cut off the green stem sticking out so that it will better adhere to your canvas.


Step 3: Arrange your flowers on the canvas in the shape you desire. I went with a heart.


Step 4: Add a dab of hot glue onto the backside of your flower and press onto canvas. Let the glue dry for about 15 minutes and your done!


There are so many different ways you can showcase flowers on a canvas. Be sure to send me photos of your handy work if you try this out.

Happy crafting! 


Update: I entered this post into the Colorful Spring Crafts Blog hop over at Favecrafts! Be sure to click the button above to see the other entries. Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment