Thursday, May 30, 2013

Silhouette rain cloud canvas art


In celebration of our upcoming guest bath remodel I decided to make a simple piece of artwork to grace the walls. The guest bath will be where our little one will take their baths so I wanted to have something cutesy in there. I utilized a canvas I've had lying around, my watercolors, and some computer paper. It doesn't get much easier than this. 



Supplies:
Canvas
Cloud & child clip art
Watercolor paints
Sharpie
Scissors
Mod podge

Step 1: Begin by finding the clip art you would like to use. I searched cloud clip art and child with umbrella for mine. 



Step 2: Take your sharpie and color in the images. I chose to leave the interior of my umbrella uncolored so the head would still be visible. I did a couple of layers to get nice coverage.


Step 3: Decide on your arrangement and mod podge (or glue) your pieces to the canvas.


Step 4: Now use your handy dandy watercolors and paint on your rain drops. My canvas wasn't great for watercolors. It didn't really absorb the paint like I had expected. I'm still very happy with the outcome either way.



If you make one of your own I would love to see the end result.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment