Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer infinity scarf


I'm back! I'm back! With a tutorial and BIG news to boot.

First off, let me start by saying I have missed my blog oh so much. I'm sorry I just disappeared there for awhile, but it's not without good reason.

Drum roll please.....




My hubby & I are expecting our first addition to the family!!!! I am currently 15.3 weeks (the photo above was taken last week). We are thrilled and can't wait until November when we can meet our little guy or girl.

So this is the reason I had kind of fallen off the face of the earth. I have been so wrapped up in everything baby & lots of fatigue that my blog went on the back burner for a bit. I'm now feeling like my old self again and excited to get back to business!

I love scarfs. I would literally wear them 24/7 if it wasn't so hot here in Florida. I decided to compromise. I was given an old dress that was made from a light and stretchy material and thought it would make for a nice summertime infinity scarf.

Materials:
Dress (or any fabric you want to use)
Scissors
Thread
Needle (for hand stitching at the end)


Step 1: Begin by laying out your dress and cutting off the section you want to use. I cut mine just below the elastic waistband. Cut the section you have just removed down one end of the seams. You should now have one long piece of fabric.


Step 2: With the right sides of the fabric facing together sew along the length of the fabric. You should now have one long tube shaped scarf with the ends open on both sides. Turn your scarf right side out.

Step 3: With the right sides facing each other pin around the opening. You won't be able to pin the whole thing. Now sew along where you have pinned. Once you reach the point where it becomes too difficult to continue this is where you will hand sew the hole closed. I chose to hand sew about the last 1/3 to be on the safe side.



Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!
    Love you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And awesome scarf tute, thanks! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jen! We couldn't be happier. I'm glad you like the tutorial. I'll need to catch up on Tea for Two. I'm sure I've missed out on loads of great projects. X

      Delete
  3. What brilliant news! Congratulations! x

    ReplyDelete