Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bathroom remodel


I am excited to announce that out guest bath renovation is underway! Between my husband, his cousin, and my soon to be brother-in-law, they have been hard at work getting the bathroom completed. As soon as we found out we were expecting, we knew we could no longer put off redoing the guest bath. Here is a glimpse at what we were working with beforehand.




When we initially contacted the realtor about being interested in the house, I found it a tad strange that they didn't put up any pictures of the guest bathroom. I jokingly said to my husband, "It's probably because it's entirely pink"...yeah it was a 60's pink nightmare! Needless to say the shower/bath had not been used since we moved into our house. My nephew was even afraid to go in there to use the toilet. There was no way I was putting my baby anywhere near that tub. Luckily we won't have to worry about that anymore and the pink is nothing but a distant memory.


I put together a collage of Instagram photos that I have taken during the process. At this point, all of the tile work has been completed around the tub. Next up is grouting. After this the floor will be laid and grouted also. All that will be left is painting and installing the pedestal sink and toilet.

We are hoping to have it completed this weekend or mid next week. I can't wait to have a working bathtub again! I see many, many baths in my future ;) Check back soon for the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment