Friday, January 31, 2014

Homemade baby wipe solution


I've been researching into making my own wipes solution for some time now. We have almost used up all of the baby wipes we amassed prior to his birth so now it's time to move to the more cost effective method. There are tons of ways to make a wipes solution and it's incredibly simple. I went a little mad scientist with this one and combined a variety of different recommended ingredients together. I'm happy to report it came together perfectly. Although, next time I want to use lavender essential oil. I have an almost sick obsession with lavender. It's the best! My mother-in-law made "wipes" for the baby using a light flannel material (similar to most receiving blankets) and simply cut the fabric into squares and serged the edges. I had an empty soap bottle lying around and used it to store the solution in. Next time I'm around a dollar tree I would like to pick up a spray bottle but this works great for now. 



* I planned on using that spray bottle you see above, but I just couldn't get the smell of the original product out of it. Oh well.

1 cup hot water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon baby oil (I used burts bees)
1 tablespoon Dr. Bronners baby mild soap
2 drops tea tree oil

Step 1: Add the coconut oil to the hot water and mix until the coconut oil has dissolved.
Step 2: Combine the rest of the ingredients to your water and mix well.
Step 3: Allow the solution to cool and then pour into your container.

What did I tell you, easy peesy!

And because I just can't resist sharing pictures of him...

Have a great weekend guys! I think mine will involve hot chocolate and cuddles with that little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment