Friday, February 28, 2014

DIY band onesie



Of all people, I know my dad will be the most excited about this. I mean it's only his favorite band of all time and his old shirt. I get double brownie points for sure! Anyways, we all know how expensive cute little onesies like this can be, but considering how quickly little ones grow at this stage there was no way I was going to buy one from the store. I dug through the piles (which are neatly organized now I might add) of clothes my dad has given me and came across this awesome shirt. I decided to make something cute for the baby and naturally a onesie upgrade was the first choice. 




Supplies:

A plain onesie
Old band t-shirt
Rotary cutter or scissors
Cutting board
Pins
Matching thread


Step 1: Cut out your image and be sure to leave a decent sized border for your stitch. Pin it to your onesie.


Step 2: Using a zigzag stitch sew around your image. I lined my presser foot in the middle of the onesie and the image. Cut the threads and your done!


And now for another shot of my little wiggle worm model.


His best new wardrobe addition by far ;-)

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment