Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Asymmetric painted bottles



I've been needing to add a pop of color on my window ledge above the kitchen sink. I was inspired by another bloggers painted bottles but I can't find the link anywhere now. My method is different from hers but ultimately gives you the same look. Yes, I could have done with an extra coat of paint or two on the bottles but A: I'm notoriously impatient when it comes to seeing the final product, and B: Augusts nap times only give me so much time to get things done. Who knows maybe I'll add a layer one of these days. The spring colors really have me excited for the change in seasons. It's like my personal little spring view until then.



A few more tips...
*Use electrical tape! It gives you the flexibility to make the asymmetrical line. I tried regular painters tape and that was proving to be way to difficult.
*Use an acrylic paint. I didn't notice my yellow was fabric paint until after the fact. I'll use sleep deprivation as my excuse that day.
*Allow your bottles to dry for at least an hour before removing the tape.
*To save money, I used Starbucks Frappuccino glass bottles that I have been saving for awhile now. Just soak the bottle in warm soapy water for half an hour and scrub off. It does take some elbow grease but it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment