Monday, April 7, 2014

DIY high waisted jean shorts



A couple of years ago I made a pair of these and didn't even think of doing a tutorial. It's ridiculously easy and cheap. Especially if you can snag a pair of jeans from someone. If not they always have an abundance of old jeans at thrift stores. These were jeans of my dads. He gave me a huge stack awhile back so I think I may make several in different colors (yes, my dad is a pretty tiny guy. Sorry dad). I'm all about pinching pennies so if your in the same boat then this tutorial is for YOU! I refuse to spend upwards of $40 for a pair of shorts I can make. That's pretty much my philosophy with any item of clothing. Now go show off those gams ladies ;-)



Supplies:
Jeans
Scissors
Matching thread (I used white since my jeans are a light wash)

Step 1: Cut off the pant legs at the desired length. Be sure to angle your cut slightly upward as you cut towards the outside of the pant leg.

Step 2: Fold your shorts in half so they are lined up perfectly. If they are uneven cut off the excess.

Step 3: Fold the bottom up slightly and press.

Step 4: Fold the bottom up again and press.

Step 5: Now just sew along the top of your hem.


Hello Spring! How I've missed you.

Happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment