Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Mini shelf garland


First off let me start by mentioning how hard it was to come up for a title for this. I finally settled on mini shelf garland since it's not a full on hanging garland. Wreath leftover project was a close second but didn't sound as appealing. Anyways, I had a good deal of leftovers from when my mother-in-law and I made a Christmas wreath about a week ago. I knew I wanted to use it for something and after staring at the pieces on my counter for several days this is the outcome. So if you have any wreath leftovers just grab your hot glue gun and go crazy!



Supplies:
Hot glue gun
Whatever wreath odds and ends you having lying around.


Step 1: Arrange your branches in the shape you like and begin hot gluing them together.


Step 2: Now place your ornaments where you want them and glue them down. I also added a bit of glue in between each ornament to keep them together.


Step 3: Add in the little twigs and glue those down also.

*I originally wanted this to be a hanging half wreath but it was a little too flimsy on its own to be hung so it became a shelf ornament. Hence the more U shape I had going initially.*


And that's all there is to it.


Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment