Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Peach pleated skirt and lace top | Simplicity 1690 pattern




Warm weather has finally returned to Florida. Trust me I'm not complaining about the wee bit of
cold weather we've had compared to the rest of the country but I'm definitely ready for Spring. As you can clearly see with the new ensemble I whipped together. Nothing says Spring like a little lace and peach. I used a Simplicity pattern (1690) I bought last year at Hobby Lobby for both the skirt and top. Both pieces were incredibly easy. I was really surprised with how easy it was to make the skirt especially. I think I'll be making a few more before summer. In true Craft Sew Love Grow fashion, I used a tablecloth I was given for the skirt and a lace curtain panel for the top. I've been on a real pattern kick lately so expect another post like this soon. I know for me personally I love seeing other bloggers takes on store bought patterns. I've included a few detailed shots of the skirt and top below.







Oh and as you can see I've chopped off my hair! It's true love for sure...

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment