Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Space fabric fridge magnets


I'm a total scrap fabric hoarder. I have tons of tiny bits of fabric that I swear I'll do something with one day. True to my word I have finally done something with at least a small portion of it. I made August two cute floor cushions out of this spaceship fabric a month ago and saved the rest of course. I initially planned on using it to make felt board pieces but apparently 18 month olds and felt boards are not a good combination. At least with my destructive little guy. He instantly tore the black felt off the board so I scrapped that idea for now. I decided to make magnets instead. He's currently obsessed with magnets so I knew this would be an August approved craft. This was literally the quickest craft project I have ever completed which with a small child is always a big deal.

Supplies:
Glue gun
Magnet strip tape (I bought mine from Hobby Lobby)
Felt
Fabric
Scissors


Step 1: Begin by cutting out your fabric pieces. Then lay that piece on top of your felt and cut.

Step 2: Cut off a piece of magnet and attach it to your fabric piece.

Step 3: Add hot glue onto your felt piece and then press the two pieces together.


The picture may be blurred but his expression is priceless. He was pretty impressed.

Here are a couple of other magnet crafts I've done in the past...


Click here for the tutorial


Click here for the tutorial.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful work kids would love it and best way to enhance there skills and creativity great job.To know some more amazing kids activities visit Educational Monthly subscription boxes for kids

    ReplyDelete